This Summer seemed to be all about the birthdays at The Dog House, with many of our guests treated to a delicious birthday cake to mark their special occasion. If you have that all important day coming up for your special friend, here’s one simple recipe for a dog birthday cake that’s sure to please:
85g Peanut Butter (check the ingredients – must not contain xylitol)
135g Grated Carrot
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
40ml Vegetable Oil
1 Large Egg
120g Wholemeal Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Combine the flour, egg and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter and honey and mix well.
- Add in vanilla extract and grated carrot.
- Bake in a tin for 40 minutes.
Be sure that the cake has fully cooled before presenting it to the sure-to-be excited birthday boy or girl . Candles are inadvisable but both human and canine singing is encouraged 🙂